Friday, November 14, 2014

froyo chicago

I admit that I'm a little biased in saying that my neighborhood is the best, but really it is.  Southport Corridor is like a suburban pocket in the middle of city limits with the combination of independent boutiques, retail chains and notable restaurants.  So as you can imagine when a new business opens on my street, and I find it to be truly life changing, for sure you can expect me to share the good news.  While I'd like to keep Froyo Chicago as my own little secret, the people have spoken , the word is out and it's spreading like wildfire.  If you think that this is just another frozen yogurt shop, think again - this is a genius concept for everyone in the family to enjoy!

Untitled

Our neighborhood doesn't have a shortage of places to buy desserts.  In our mile long strip you'll find at least 9 shops (if not more) that serve sweets.  And yes, I actually have tried all the places. While there are already places to find frozen treats, Froyo Chicago is more than just froyo - it's a family destination.  Their self-serve organic frozen yogurt model will definitely draw you in, but you will be pleasantly surprised by the many options beyond frozen yogurt. Espresso drinks, vegan hot chocolate, gluten free nutella bars and an oatmeal bar with toppings from fresh fruit to hot fudge are just a few things you can expect to grab at this cute little shop.  I myself am a little partial to their peanut butter or Dulce De Lece froyo, but you have many more options beyond that.

Untitled

Untitled

So if you're excited about the treats, just wait because I saved the best for last...well at least for us parents that is.  There is a kid zone!!!  In the back of the shop, is a dedicated play area for kids with a chalk wall, books, coloring pages, kid-sized tables, toys plus Chicago themed books and games.  While you're corralling all the treats for your troop, your little ones can play in the kids zone - just know it might be tough to leave once you're little one get into their activities.

Untitled

Untitled

This is the perfect place for someone like me who has an early riser antsy to get the day started.  It covers off on 3 of the most important things in the morning - coffee for me, breakfast for my little buddy and activities to keep him busy.  Froyo Chicago can expect to see us a lot in the winter months, especially as I try to reduce the feeling of cabin fever.  It will be a nice break for everyone in my family and even though it's 20 below, you can definitely expect me to indulge in their yummy froyo treats.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

That is great that they have a kids area, I think many family friendly establishments should have this!

My husband does work on weekends sometimes in the Southport,he said it is definitely a great area.

We are up north but along the redline, what would be the best way to get up in that area to explore? Would love to take my toddler up there!